Friday, April 10, 2009

An Easter gift....

My little granddaughter loves to write stories, so for her Easter basket I decided she needed a journal. I found a really cute one, but it was covered in hearts and I don't do hearts. (long story for another day)
Yesterday I decided to make a cover for it. Found some denim and some pink rick rack and some polka dot ribbon and here it is!! There is velcro hiding under that ribbon bow to keep it closed...




I think it needs something...maybe her name in pink embroidery thread? Yea, I can totally do that before Sunday...

Are you making any Easter gifts...??

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Pat said...

Very cute idea and I do agree her name on there would be nice. I'm curious now about the heart issue. I didn't make any Easter gifts this year......just made up a box of goodies for each of them and sent it home last week for them to have this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea, Nancy. I'll be busy with grandkids all week....Spring break, you know.
You all have a great Easter!
Bev

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute - and great to give the children reasons to write (I don't think some do enough). Yes, just finished a bag for my Mother that I am going to post.
Blessed Easter.

Val said...

So fabulous you are giving her a gift that will encourage her delight in writing! Maybe we'll be reading her books before we're gone and I'll be able to say "I remember when her grandma......." LOL! Very cute idea and I agree, her name and maybe a flower on it would be very nice.

Lorraine said...

Nice journal cover! I didn't make any Easter gifts this year....did some baking for kids coming to visit.....haven't sewn a stitch in weeks....I am having withdrawal symptoms....hoping to get some time in the sewing room today.....! Easter will be over and I will be back at work before I know it! Enjoy your Easter!