Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Jackpot...

Today was a wonderful mail day...DH was home unexpectedly. Emergency business run to New Mexico tonight for him so he came home to quickly pick up his packed bag. While he was leaving he saw the the mail lady coming and decided to wait...WOW I won the mail jackpot... Oh, bye honey....see ya tomorrow .....
Now to the box....\

HUGE BOX -



With lots of goodies -



First is a really pretty basket that exactly matches my bedroom. See the lovely green fern print?



These hang over my bed. Perfect match huh...



Then a beautiful piece of linen for Abbie... Of course Abbie is only a year old, so her mom will keep it for her.. She is gonna love it...



Next up are these lovely clothespins. She must have peeked into the sewing room and saw the little clothesline I have hanging above the ironing board! They will look so cute hanging up there....



This pillow is gorgeous. All machine appliqued and with some hand embroidery. I already have it stuffed and sitting on the couch in the living room. Beautiful work. The fabric reminds me of heavy burlap and it has a zipper and everything..



Look at the cute pencil topper! Some grandchild is going to love writing homework with this..



And then this purse. With hand made flowers. Out of white linen. With a red handle.



And the cutest little red fabric bird. He loves hanging out with my other birds...



Now why did I get this wonderful package? Because I joined Linda's Spring Swap! My secret partner was Noemia of Portugal. Click on her name to see her blog. (there is a translator button on the right side bar) Such wonderful goodies. Thank you so much Noemia...

I am sewing at Miss Nancy's today. We are making a new bag for Paducah...Just big enough for cash and a cell phone...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Amy R said...

Yes, you did hit the jackpot! I'd love to see the bag you make. I need one just like it! Amy

Unknown said...

I love that green fern basket.

Pat said...

WOW....you got one heck of a WONDERFUL swap box, Nancy! There were so many lovely things in that box.

Gari in AL said...

You really did hit the jackpot. I love the clothes pins. I wonder if they sell them in the US.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.