Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In my hoop.....

At a quilt show last fall I saw a snowman embroidery displayed by one of the local shops. It was cute as far as snowmen go, but what really caught my eye was that the stitching was done on polka dots. When we made the rounds of the shops I found some great polka dot fabric and got about 3 yards thinking I would do some stitching. Of course I had no pattern in mind, and I was still stitching those redwork baskets, but that polka dot fabric sat patiently on my cutting table just waiting for it's moment. I finally started a new pattern last week and grabbed that polka dot fabric for the background. What do you think?? The pattern is called Love and Laughter by Kathy Schmitz. Clicking on THIS link will take you to her patterns at Colonial Crafts. Be aware of one thing. She does her patterns a bit diffferently than other designers. Her pattern pieces are printed in reverse. Her instructions say to scan the pattern pieces into your computer, print them onto freezer paper and iron that to the back of the fabric. I took mine to the local UPS store and had them mirror image print it, and just used my light box. Just so you know... The photo is clickable to make it larger... Sorry it's so wrinkled. I use water soluable markers so I can't press it....



And last weekend we had a set of grandkids. O and A had a great time with the lego's. A always wants her photo taken with her "tall towders". We won't see them at Easter so I sent them home with big Easter bags full of SUGAR!! And coloring books, sparkle crayons, cotton candy, bubble gum eggs etc....oh and for some balance I added some yogurt raisins..LOL




Only 3 weeks until Paducah!!

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

4 comments:

Kris said...

I love the stitching out on the polka-dot background. I always say you can't go wrong with polka-dots. ;) Your grandchildren are darling. I bet you are such a fun grandma!

I'm jealous that you're heading to Padukah!!

Pat said...

Well...that is SO cute to have the stitching done on polka-dot fabric...sometimes it is SO boring to work on plain fabric when stitching.

PiecefulChaos said...

I never thought of using polka dots but I like it! I'll have to try that. The grandkids are adorable.

Unknown said...

Love the dots, are they navy or black. Yeah go on rub in Paducah a bit more :))