Wednesday, April 22, 2009

While the Quilter is away.........

Hi Everyone - I hope you are all behaving yourselves while "The Quilter" is away enjoying herself in Paducah!

My oldest Daughter (and niece of "The Quilter") lives about 3 hours away with her husband and she will be at my home this week-end and is bringing 3 of her girlfriends for a "Girls Night Out". I really LOVE her girlfriends/sorority sisters! They are going to the Taylor Swift concert and are as happy as a bunch of 13 year olds - but they are older and 2 are married ;). Anyway..........she asked if I would cook dinner for them before the concert and I said "YES!" - I really do like to cook and it would be fun! After talking with her she decided on Appetizers so they could "graze" while "primping" for the night out. So here is the Menu:

Shrimp Cocktail

Southwest Wraps - she has a recipe in her head for this one.

Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip - we like this recipe:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Copycat-of-TGI-Fridays-Hot-Artichoke-and-Spinach-Dip-52212
and
Stuffed Mushrooms - this is her favorite recipe:
1pkg of mushrooms (larger)8 oz cream cheese
4 slices bacon
Shredded cheese (can be any kind of cheese, cheddar, feta, Parmesan)
Butter
Preheat oven to 350
Peel and de-stem mushrooms, dice stems into small pieces, cut bacon into small pieces and fry crispy.
Season with Parmesan, minced garlic, basil, parsley, accent, pepper, paprika
You really can't mess it up, just don't add too much more salt.
Add diced stems to seasoned bacon towards the end (last two minutes of frying bacon)
Lightly spray 9x13 pan
Place mushrooms in pan with a few small pats of butter throughout,
Mix bacon mixture with cream cheese, blending with spoon
Fill each mushroom with mixture and cover with shredded cheese
Bake for about 30 minutes (when mushrooms are darker in color and cheese is melted)

Of course there will be some drinkys to go with this - I'm the designated driver and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm going out to dinner with "The Rock Star" tonight ! !
I hope we can behave ourselves - LOL! !

Carolyn
Guest Blogger
AKA: Sister of "The Quilter"

3 comments:

Pat said...

Have a fun dinner with the Rock Star. Don't you love his new look? (And have a fun time when the "girls" come to visit at your place, too.)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sound like you know how to have fun with or without your sister!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Pat and Mary!

Rock Star looks great with the new hair cut! He asked me last night "what would you do if I had a seizure?" I'm like "WHAT?!?!?". He doesn't have seizures and I guess he was testing me to make sure I'm capable!! I thanked him this morning for not have a seizure LOL

Had a nice dinner at his favorite local pizza/sub joint and then he did the normal teenage thing - computer and music. I, of course, watched hours of Reality TV.

All is well and "The Quilter" will be home tomorrow afternoon!!!

Carolyn