Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sneak Peak revealed..

Friday morning found DH and I off on a quick trip to look at some land. We are in the midst of finding somewhere to retire and he wants some elbow room and I want to be closer to the grandkids. I think we might have found the perfect place. We will wait and see.

After coming home and getting some housekeeping duties out of the way, I ran upstairs and started to finish the sneak peak project. I finished it....

This is the inside..complete with zipper and pocket....



The outside with pocket and covered button...



And the finished diaper bag with matching quilt ...



I made these for my niece who is due in June with a boy... Fingers crossed, I hope she likes them.

I am off to Paducah next week for a couple of days and we will have a guest blogger, so be on the look out...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

10 comments:

Pat said...

DUH...how dopey of US...we KNEW you had been asked to make a diaper bag for your niece at sort-of the last minute...so, of COURSE that is the project you were doing. I can't believe not one of us guessed that!!! LOL It looks very nice, by the way! (And I'm glad you found land that you seem to like.....tell us more when you can.)

ooglebloops said...

Beautiful job - love the colors!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

How could anyone not LOVE the quilt and matching bag? So cute.

Anonymous said...

How could she not like them.. their gorgeous!!

Beeshebags said...

Great job Nancy....but not pics of your new cosmetic bag??? Hugs Naomi from Adelaide, Sth Australia

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your niece will be thrilled, just beautiful Nancy...great choice of colours.

Val said...

Oh how could she not love the quilt and bag?! Lucky girl is what she is. I really love the orange. I'm waiting to find out if DD is having a girl or boy and either way I'm thinking orange is going to have to be in a quilt.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Now who wouldn't like that. So cute and I love the colors. I've been working on my baby quilt for our little grand baby. Gotta hurry.
Keep Stitchen and have fun,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful triple Irish chain! I love the colors. I made a single chain for my cousin's new baby girl.

Sweet P said...

I love the bag and quilt! Great job on them.