Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quilt Festival - Spring 2009

Welcome to my part of the online Quilt Festival-Spring 2009. Amy was the gal behind this brilliant idea. Our own online quilt show with prizes... After reading this you can click on her name and head over to her blog. There is a Mr Linky with many many many quilters showing their favorite quilt...

My favorite quilt hangs on my living room wall. I joined Pat Sloan's yahoo group and in 2005 read about the group doing a row by row quilt swap. I was one of the last one to know about this particular swap and by the time I asked to join it was too late. UNTIL - a few days later when I got an email from the coordinator that someone had dropped out of one of the groups and could I get my row together in a week...YIKES!! YES!! I decided that houses would be my theme and quickly pulled fabric and started getting some machine applique done. WHEW! I made it and mailed my row, some extra fabric and a journal to the next person on the list. In just a few days I received an envelope in the mail and was ready to start on a row for someone else. This was so much fun. We posted photos as we went and could see our quilts getting prettier and prettier. Finally after 6 months, I got all of my rows back.... I quickly put the top together and then it sat until after we moved here in 2006. Oh, well that was only a year. For some reason I thought it was much longer, LOL

I got borders on it and sent it off to Pat (my long arm quilter) and here it is....






The rows were made by the following members

Top row - Jennifer
Second row - Margi
Third row - Cindy
Forth row - ME!
Fifth row -Joanna
Sixth and last row - Eileen

Thanks again ladies...I love it...

Thanks Amy, for this wonderful opportunity to meet new quilters and see their quilts.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

25 comments:

Pat said...

Nancy....this is a truly WONDERFUL quilt! Thanks for sharing this one. I can certainly see why it is your favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely memory.. I love it.

Becky said...

What a great story behind a fabulous quilt! I enjoyed viewing your portion of the Quilt show. Thanks for shairng!

Unknown said...

I love this quilt, it just looks so happy, if houses can look happy.

Carla said...

Great quilt!

Unknown said...

Oh I do like this one Nancy - I love house quilts and one day I'll make one - it's on my to-do list. Plus I've always loved the saying you've used - how true it is

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your quilt is wonderful and has such a great story about how it came to be!

Trudi said...

What a fantastic quilt, with a great story too! thanks for sharing :o)

Angela said...

very sweet! I'm involved in row robin swap myself right now.

Zonnah said...

It is so cute! You guys did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing your quilt again. That has always been one of my favorites.

Jocelyn said...

Oh Nancy, it is so beautiful. I love it!

Gari in AL said...

I really like your house quilt and the story behind it. I have never done an internet quilt: I did an embroidery internet round robin several years ago. It took one year to get it back but it was worth it.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the houses and what a great story behind it. Quilts have great stories.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It would be one of my favorites too.

Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy, love your House Quilt and can see why it is your favourite.Thank you for stopping by...Regards Lyn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilly said...

What a wonderful quilt to own. Can see why you love it. I also enjoyed the great story behind it.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

there's nothing like a "house" quilt. So cheery!

Quilt Rat said...

What a delight to have and to look at every day. Just an absolutely terrific quilt!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

How pretty! I love all the little houses and the details of the words

stitchinpenny said...

Wonderful quilt. A reminder of the value of friends.

Unknown said...

What fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Patty said...

I love this quilt!

Vicki said...

This is really cool!