Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Was it an April Fools....

The phone rang at 6:10 this morning. DH is on the road again and he was checking in... Hmm...It's totally quiet in here? No shower going? UH OH.....the Rock Star isn't up for school. I ran down the hall, threw open the door and said "Hey, did you forget to set your alarm? It's 6:10am....!! " He jumped up and got into the shower and I headed down to make him his new favorite breakfast. A fried egg on wheat bagel. With a side of milk....

He came down 15 minutes later and confessed that after he got into the shower, he wondered if I had gotten him up EARLY and was going to yell "April Fools".... LOL NO!! It's really 6:30..
Guess I need to have a little sumpin for after school. I could clean his room? clean his bathroom? That sure would surprise him.... Or maybe tell him we are having chicken for dinner! He HATES chicken (and pork and beef)...

Some of you may know that I watch a couple of neighbor kids for about an hour after school. Yesterday I found a link to some good April Fool jokes. I printed out a cool word search game for them. It had a list of words to find including the word April Fools. Of course the only words actually IN the search that can be found are APRIL FOOLS....They looked and looked and finally asked me for help. They are 8 and 9, so to ask a grownup for anything was hard...lol I told them to keep looking, gave them a couple of hints, and just kept doing my embroidery...
FINALLY, they gave up!! I said, "How many words did you find?". "only one,"they said "APRIL FOOLS" is the only word we can find. I just stared at them for a minute and then they got it!! They thought is was funny and Maddy wanted to print another one for a friend at school.
While we were there, we also printed off a Fake IRS letter and a Fake field trip permission letter for a trip to Jupitor.... Here's the link if you have little ones in the house...
There is a fake parking ticket that just might find itself on the Rock Star's car tomorrow morning...LOL

Any good April Fools jokes out there that have backfired on you?

Will be doing some cooking today. Anne, Miss Nancy and I are doing the program at Redwork Club tomorrow and I volunteered to do the food. (That keeps me from having to talk, something I HATE to do) .

Will also be doing some sewing. I really want to get the borders on the redwork quilt so I can show n tell tomorrow.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Pat said...

Now I thought you were going to tell me that it wasn't really time for Rock Star to get up.....so I was thinking the same way he was thinking. LOL Cute word-search puzzle joke idea. I usually play MY jokes on a day other than April Fool's Day. (I know..pretty weird!)

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Nancy, I love what you did with the kids. Thanks for the link, I'll be seeing my son tonight and maybe he needs a ticket on his truck.
Keep Stitchen' and have fun all day,
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I LOVE your redwork quilt. Great job! Rita