Monday, June 8, 2009

Design Wall Monday.....

Last week THIS was my design wall.

Now the quilt looks like this..



I had to lay it out in the living room. It's 102 x 88 and my design wall isn't...

I did notice that it looks like my house quilt. Similar colors? I think so. I used all stash for this project except for that dark red last border. I didn't have enough of anything in the stash so I purchased a yard or so. I have enough for the binding also and hope to get it cut, pieced and ready to go. The quilt was given to my LAQ last Thursday..



Today I will make binding for this quilt and also for another polka dot charity quilt I finished. Then I need to get crack'in on my Christmas in July package. I have ideas, but haven't even started getting them together, and maybe a trip to the LQS is needed.

I will be hanging out around the house today.. My niece/goddaughter has been in labor all night and this morning they took off to the hospital with contractions about 5-6 minutes apart. This will be their second child. Will update the post when I have news.

Don't forget to head over to Judy's blog. There should be a Mr Linky there soon so you can click on all the names and see what's on their design wall.

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

6 comments:

Pat said...

That is a terrific quilt! Will be waiting to hear the baby news.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt. They tend to look similar when we have left over fabric!
I tried you binding trick yesterday on the wall hanging I made of fruit bottom ladies. I did pretty good with the binding. A little experience will help.
Happy sewing!
Patti

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I loved reading your blog today. It has been so much fun making new friends through the blog world. This is my fourth month to have a blog. I am amazed at all the unique and fun sites. I am posting about our recent Disney trip and have a couple more posts about our visit with the "Mouse" ....then I will have more than a few posts about a new "grandson" arriving in just a couple of weeks...

Val said...

It turned out just gorgeous. I love the scrappy quilts. Gosh that is quick turn around time for your long arm quilter!!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Nancy,
Your quilts look good together. Your getting a lot of sewing done.
I've got to get back on my Christmas in July gifts, did so much at first and kinda got lost in the projects.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Does your House Quilt have a pattern? I really like how you have done it.

Linda
lcz@embarqmail.com