Friday, June 26, 2009

I love Free....

I love to paint. Last year we finally finished painting the whole downstairs, up the stairs and the upper hallway in the same color. We have an open floor plan and there really wasn't any place to stop and start another color. I am ready to start over. In our last house, I repainted all the rooms, including the ceilings right before we moved. After watching a ton of HGTV, I knew that we needed to repaint in neutral colors so our house would sell faster. So the navy walls in the dining room were painted over and the lipstick (and that was the real color name, although the daughters called it "whorehouse pink") in the bedroom became a soft gray.

Today I indulged in a little color therapy. I just ordered a quart of Glidden paint. Over the internet. For Free!!!

You can too!!

GLIDDEN

I've got 2-3 weeks to figure out what I will paint...

Nancy

10 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

FREE OFFER FROM GLIDDEN ~

Mine will color the beadboard that is going on the laundry room walls. That is really nice of Glidden ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hey...thanks for the heads up.....not sure what I can pain with a quart but hey, I'll give it a shot!
Bev

Mary said...

I'm so glad you reminded me - I knew I forgot to do something! Thanks. I already had a color in mind for my living room so this will be a great way to try it. Freebies are such a great way to get to know a product.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the heads up. What a great deal :-)

Carolyn said...

And your 2ND Quart of the SAME COLOR will be delivered to me!! TE-HE

I will give it to Mom and she can give it to Julie to give to you, but she will give it to me because I'll see you first LOL

See you tomorrow!!

Carolyn
aka Inside Jokester
aka Sister

The Quilt Shoppe said...

I ordered a Bright Purple color to paint the closet wall of my daughter's room. She's 12 and has plans for Fuchsia and Neon Green for the other walls. Yikes!

Lorraine said...

when you are done with your house you might like to come over and paint ours....I loathe painting....both my sisters love it but one room when we moved in here was enough for me.....it was the sewing room and I really wanted it painted when we first moved.....and that was it...haven't picked up a brush again...and it needs to be done.....!

KC Quilter said...

Hey, thanks for the link to the free Glidden paint! I have ordered a quart of the Robin Egg blue. Can't wait!!!!

2nd daughter said...

You know, you can always come paint at my house......You can clean, too.
:-)

K

Shelly said...

free paint??? If only Behr paint would make that offer. I hardly ever paint with anything except Behr anymore. Of course, when I get a chance, I'll have to show you what painting we've done in the last week. There is so much more to do yet--and don't want to spoil the surprise of our new house by showing things early. So guess you'll have to wait and see when I get things ready for "viewing" on my blog's "Open House" (hopefully coming soon).
Shelly