Sunday, June 28, 2009

quick post....

We had horrible storms come through last night. I have internet right now, but who knows how long it will last. We had 3 trees come down and block our street,lost our electric for about 7 hours, neighbors lost 2 big trees, house next door had a window blow out and break, neighbor down the street had his garage door sucked in....

Wind was clocked at 70 miles per hour and all you hear in the neighborhood this morning are chain saws humming....

We were lucky and had no damage at all ...

I am taking the next few days and cleaning and rearranging the sewing room.

See ya all in a couple of days.

If I don't answer comments it's because I can't...

Nancy

5 comments:

Pat said...

Oh, my...I hope you continue to stay safe. I HATE storms like that....they are so scarey.

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Boy! were you ever blessed to be dodged. Hope your neighbors will be ok. TTFN ~ Marydon

Lorraine said...

glad you are ok!....I don't like storms and the wind can be so destructive....enjoy your tidy up of your sewing room...I tried to tidy mine up this weekend but came down with a cold which left me feeling like doing nothing.....so I feel a bit cheated this weekend!...

Shelly said...

Nancy, I'm so glad you didn't have any damage. Those kind of storms (around here they're called category 1 hurricanes this time of the year) are horrible. I swear they can do as much damage as some of the larger storms--you don't think to prepare as well for them. I know your sewing room tidy up will be awesome. You can come do mine. Mine is in an aweful state since our move!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

We too got that bad wind.. it blew 4 of my tomato plants down.. broke the stakes off at the ground.. blew my carrots totally flat and flowers were scattered all over the yard.. no trees down but branches are bent to the ground... we didn't lose power but Maryland Heights did.