Monday, June 15, 2009

Design Wall Monday....

It's that time again.

On my design wall this morning is the first block of First Saturday at Patches Sorry the photo is really washed out. The weather here is gloomy with rain in the forecast for all day. I had no thoughts to join this BOM until I saw that it was in 30's. I love 30's fabric. It just goes so well with any pattern. I paid $5 to join and got this block free. If I show up with my completed block between 8am-9am the first Saturday of each month, I will have a quilt top by next June for $5...Let's hope I can do it.



Also on my design wall is the beginning sketch of a quilt for the Rock Star. He asked if I would make him a black and white quilt for Christmas. Just black and just white. No prints. I bought black Kona last week and have it prewashed, now to get the Kona white. I will take this to retreat to work on so it will be somewhat of a surprise.


And another quick sneak peak...



Isn't that little ladybug button cute? Can you tell it's a Christmas ladybug? Yes, she is wearing red. Red is a Christmas color, right?? She's hiding presents under those wings...

Off to quilt guild this morning. Teaching a quick class, taking lemon pound cake for dessert and a couple of charity quilts to turn in...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

6 comments:

Judy Laquidara said...

Your black and white quilt is going to be so striking! I love black and white quilts. Love the block on your design wall too. Thanks for sharing what's on your wall!

Feedsack Fantasy said...

The quilt is great & the ladybug is adorable ornament. TTFN ~Marydon

Janet said...

There's something about black and white that young people find striking. You have some interesting things going on at the moment.

Rita said...

I received my new Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine today and they have a whole section on black and white quilts (pg. 56-72)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling sneak peek. Love the red and white polka dots! Oh lemon pound cake sound delicious for breakfast with tea.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I really need to get into this design wall Monday thing. You have inspired me.

Pat