Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Design Wall Monday....


This is what is on my design wall this morning.... Not the best photo. Sorry. I took it in the evening when it was raining.

This is the beginning of a little wall hanging called Tweet d Pie.... from the book "Have your cake & eat it too" by Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow. THIS LINK will take you to the Jolly Jabber blog with an interview of the two sisters, a photo of the book and a photo of the finished quilt.

Mine needs lots of white sashing added and the center blue fq was put up there to audition the color for the bird in the center panel.
We spent almost all day rearranging the charms so that they look random... if you see any that need to be moved please leave a comment. They aren't sewn together yet, so now is the time to speak up!!

I fell in love with this quilt and had to buy the book at a quilt show I went to. Two friends (Ann and Miss Nancy) are also making the quilt and we will work on it together (except Ann is going leaps and bounds and will surely have hers done first)...


What should be on the design wall is the wallet I need to finish. Remember Saturday? The free class? The Sharon spotting? I used Judy's binding video and for a first try it wasn't too bad. I missed a few places, but I blame that on my pinning. And the wallet is black with matching binding so it won't show.


Today I need to unpack from the class and clean the sewing room. The Rock Star needs to cut the grass, but at 7am it was already 87 degrees so he won't be cutting until later this evening. Seems most of the neighbors were cutting last night at 8pm. It was only 82 then. Crazy hot weather here and it looks like it's not gonna be gone any time this week.


Happy Sewing,

Nancy








8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Cool blue color to add to your quilt. It's been so very hot here too. The evenings are steamy.

ooglebloops said...

I love the fabrics - it's gonna look nice!!!

Lorraine said...

I was amazed when making a top recently at how hard "random" is to achieve!LOL ...love the colours and the blue looks perfect!

Qubie said...

I like the fabrics on your design wall. I have heard about this way of doing binding. I've always put mine on the back first and then front. I will have to try this. I just bought myself over 90 binding clips and found I don't have enough.

Janet said...

I love the fabrics! I rushed over to see the finished pattern and its really neat.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the fabric....

Noel said...

I love this! Is there some kind of backboard or pincushion like material back there???

Lisa D. said...

I love those Arcadia fabrics and I think it will look great for that wallhanging!