Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Firefox I {heart} you.....

I have been having trouble with Internet Explorer lately. For some reason it locks up on me and I can't even get to the address bar...

So yesterday morning (ok, it was noon, you know teenagers could sleep the day away!) I asked the Rock Star AKA computer whiz to please do something. I dangled cash in front of him..
He bit.

After a few seconds he said "you can't use this, it's cr*p. I'm gonna download Firefox for you. You will like it much better." ME- "Will I still have my google-reader button?" "Will I still have my swagbucks search engine?" HIM-"um, yea"

So I left him for a few more seconds and VOILA!!!! It's done. And I LOVE IT!!

Much faster page loading, google reader is working better than ever with one enhanced feature that I love, and my swagbucks search engine is in place.

Ah......

Now I gotta pay up....

Did any sewing get done? Come back tomorrow and find out...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

PS....interested in knowing about swagbucks? Go HERE and read all about it. BUT don't join until you email me. If you join using my invite I will get a few swagbucks as a thank you....

6 comments:

Pat said...

We switched to Firefox a year or so back and it's been great 99.9% of the time. It has been a significant improvement over IE...that's for sure!

Kelly Ann said...

We use Firefox and Thunderbird...both are wonderful....

Unknown said...

Ok I've made the switch, but how do you get all your favorites to show up and all the pages that may have been bookmarked in IE?

Carolyn said...

I see an income opportunity in Rock Stars future :)

Carolyn
aka Aunt of Rock Star

Mary said...

My computer geek SIL switched me to Firefox years ago and I've never looked back. I put it on the work computer and even got bossman to put it on his laptop. Two words - love it!

Anonymous said...

thunderbird is beast. i'll eventually ween you off of outlook express.