Monday, November 12, 2007

Another Monday Morning....

Another Monday morning means I am doing the laundry, running errands, grocery shopping and this Monday is Tea Time Embroidery at my LQS Patches. www.patches3.com
This is the second class on needle punch and since I missed the first class, I need to really catch up. I have my pattern traced, but don't have any perle cotton so will have to stop at the Thread Shop next door first. I bought my needle punch and pattern early this year in Paducah during the quilt expo. I was drawn to the pattern because it is Red and White. We will see if I actually finish this.


As you can see from the bottom of my blog, my oldest daughter has less than 100 days before giving birth to my 5th grandchild. It has become pretty much expected that I will make a diaper bag for immediate family members that become pregnant. So far I have made 3 for family. Of course, this also extends to non family members(such as the sister of my second daughters hubby) and pregnant women at my DH work.... and that brings the total to about 10.....

This past weekend I finished all the parts to the diaper bag for my daughter. My Mom and I will drive to Kansas City Sunday for her shower. It is a new pattern I used for the first time. Called Bow Tucks Tote by www.quiltsillustrated.com I had to add a personal tissue holder and matching burp rag of course....




I promised directions for the little personal tissue holders so here you go.

You will need 4 pieces of fabric cut 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"
With WST press two of the pieces in half long ways.
Place the other two pieces of fabric WST.
Place the two pressed pieces on top with folded edges meeting in the middle.
Stitch 1/4 " seam around all 4 edges.
Turn and press.

WST = wrong sides together

These make wonderful gifts for any occasion. I made 33 for a baby shower I co-hosted for my niece. Everyone got to pick one as a Thank You for Coming...
Give one to the Mother-of-the-bride packed with tissues for the wedding.

I would love to see photos if you make some....

Happy Sewing Day!!
Nancy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely bag Nancy, love the colours you chose for it. Have fun at your group today.

Sweet P said...

What a beautiful diaper bag. I've been thinking about learning how to make one before my children start having children in a few years.