Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tackle it Tuesday to become.....

Work on it Wednesday....

Anne and I met at Miss Nancy's yesterday for Tackle it Tuesday. This is a regular first Tuesday of the month sewing get together. We are meant to bring our current project and actually achieve something. Never seems to happen... Yesterday I was there on time and Anne wasn't... (OK she was at the gym, she's a good girl, what more can I say..). This is the first time I have been to Miss Nancy's and I was shocked. First off, she has allowed her DH to completely decorate their living room AND dining room in St Louis Cardinal's paraphanalia...there are STLC hats, pins and even cabbage patch babies dressed in STL Cards baseball uniforms.... baseball bats, books and photographs. Balls, pins and more..... Now this is a NICE lady....I don't know anyone else personally that would allow this in their home...
Secondly, her house is the exact copy of mine. We have the same floor plan. I told Miss Nancy it was like a dream. You wake up and someone has completely redecorated your house... LOL

So I took my redwork with me to work on. I am making a new baby pillow that say's Good Morning for the new baby due in February. I am hoping to have it stitched and made into a pillow in the next two weeks as the Baby Shower is Nov 18th.

Miss Nancy and Anne were going to make Lazy Girl Wonder Wallets. The pattern calls for a velcro closure. When I make mine I use snaps and use a snap setter. I told them I would bring it for them to use. When I went to get it all together, I didn't have any of the regular snaps left, so off to the local discount store I went. I needed a few other items anyway... Of course they were out of the snaps I usually use, so I bought a package of Heavy Duty snaps. Now we are 3 fairly intelligent women, 2 of us are nurses and 1 of us has a teaching degree... We each read the directions for the snaps. There are 4 different pieces and 2 different setting tools.



If anyone knows which two parts go together and which way,and which setting tool to use on which part.... PLEASE email me...
We finally gave up after hammering each part to each of the other parts and ruining more fabric than you need to know about.

Today I am heading off to get fabric for this pattern. This will become the diaper bag that I was supposed to have done last week. After looking at that hot pink fabric again, I decided it just wasn't the right fabric... I did see the perfect fabric last week at my LQS, so am going back this morning for it. It is soft pink and green. Will post a photo of the finished bag tomorrow (or the next day).

Here is the pattern...


Happy Sewing Day!
Nancy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't help you with the sanps Nancy, unless it's in front of me....lol... Hmm Love that bag pattern, does it have inside pockets?