Thursday, November 15, 2007

Countdown to Thanksgiving.....

Thanksgiving is ONE WEEK AWAY!! I have invited 12 family members to Thanksgiving Dinner. Counting us, that means 15 people to feed and water....

Tomorrow starts the countdown......

Friday - Plan menu and make grocery list
Saturday - Suprise 80th birthday party for a very dear friend of my family
Sunday - Baby Shower for oldest daughter in Kansas City
Monday - Grocery shop and start the cleaning
Tuesday - Iron tablecloths, clean house thoroughly
Wednesday - Start cooking, set tables, get all serving dishes ready, reclean bathrooms and vacuum

THANKSGIVNG - Have a wonderful time with family and especially grandkids.
Maybe I can get all 4 of them to sit still for a few minutes to get some new photos.


What are your plans for Thanksgiving?? Are you cooking? Any good recipes?

And what happens the day after Thanksgiving?? BLACK FRIDAY SALES.... Yes, I am one of those crazy people that actually gets up at 5am and heads out to the discount stores with a list. I have been known to stand in lines, in the dark, in the cold outside of ToysRUs for a certain toy or game. I have waded 3 deep through Target to get that certain sweater or jeans. This year won't be any different. Immediately after dinner on Thanksgiving, I will sit down with the ads and make a list. This is the one thing that gets me in the Holday mood. No amount of decorations, toy commercials or eggnog can do what a good Black Friday shopping day can.

Sewing Update -

I finished the stitching on the Good Morning pillow sham last night while watching the premiere of the new season of "Project Runway". What a great start...love all the new designers. Ihave a favorite, but don't know the names yet so can't say who it is. The one that did the white and turquoise dress....previews show he is going to confess something on next weeks show.....

I still have 2 t-shirts to embroider for the baby shower on Sunday....

Happy Sewing Day!
Nancy

No comments: