Friday, November 16, 2007

Thanksgiving Menu


I am a day ahead....I got my Thanksgiving Menu planned out last night during Surviver commercial breaks. I even have my grocery list ready.

Menu
Turkey breast
Beef roast
Mashed potatoes
Fried corn
Sugar carrots
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Sweet Potato Pie


I think this menu will please everyone. DH and the rock guitarest don't eat Turkey, so will have Beef Roast. Of course, the rock guitarest doesn't eat beef roast and now that I look at the menu it looks like he will be eating rolls for dinner. Which is what he eats at Christmas dinner also. There are no holiday foods that the kid likes. I refuse to make pepperoni pizza or pasta for holiday dinners.

Has anyone else ever heard of fried corn?? This is a recipe that I married into. And no, you don't batter and deep fry each kernel (which is what I am always asked,lol) This is not a healthy heart recipe, but my son-in-law LOVES it and requests it every year...

Today I need to get the redwork pillow sham FINISHED!! Today is the last day I have open before the baby shower on Sunday.

********************

Fried Corn
1/2 lb bacon
1 small onion, chopped
1 16 oz bag of frozen corn

Fry bacon til crisp, remove from pan and hide so no one eats it. Add the onion to the pan drippings and cook til translucent. Add the frozen corn all at once. Cook on Medium heat until corn is brown. Add the bacon (if it hasn't been stolen) and serve.

NOTE - When you add the frozen corn to the hot bacon drippings it will sieze up and make a mess. Just keep stirring it.

Recipe can be doubled.

Happy Sewing Day!!
Nancy

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That sounds soooooo good. I'm going to give it a try. I love bacon and corn. No onions though. ick!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!