Saturday, June 14, 2008

excitement x 2 and my 5th container.....

ok, before we go any further let's look at container #5....
Contest is going on over at Sweet P's.
This is the container that I load up for retreat. It will carry 4 projects and everything I need to finish them. The top opens up and has a removable tray for small items and room for fabric, etc. The upper section detaches and the bottom section will hold anything I possible need, including a to-go cup for coffee. It has a yellow outside pocket, a pull handle and it's on wheels. DH bought it for me from Home Depot a couple of years ago. He was thrilled to be able to do my Christmas shopping there. He didn't feel out of his element at all. It came loaded up with extension cords and a surge protector. (it also had a nice GC in there for the LQS).




and this also came from Home Depot...It holds all my embroidery thread.

Originally sold for holding nuts, screws and bolts in the garage, it hangs very nicely over my cutting table.

Excitement #1 -
Last week my PC died. After calling HP, they also decided that my hard drive died, but they had my warranty expiring May 15th. Now I knew this wasn't correct because this laptop was my birthday present and it was purchased July 12, just one day prior to my birthday. And I know this because I got it from DH and he doesn't do shopping until the last minute. HP said they would send an email to update the warranty, but please keep looking for the receipt as they would probably need that.
Judy at HP called me every morning for the next 3 days to tell me that the warranty had not been updated and had I found the receipt? no...I hadn't....
Last night DH decided he was going to play around with the computer and see if he could figure something out. He turned it on and lo and behold the screen came up. He quickly hit F11 (it says to on the screen, he isn't quite that smart) and sure nuff the dang thing starts up loading Windows files. Well, what the hey...
He gets the dang thing working!! So the hard drive it working...well I'll be...

HP calls back today and I get to tell her the good news - the hard drive is up and running....and the bad news...the DVD/CD drive won't show up as connected. dang...

Judy (HP) says a new DVD/CD will cost $139, extended warranty which will cover the DVD/CD and anything else that goes wrong with the hardware for the next year will cost $148. unless of course I find the receipt.

Ok, I go search ONE MORE PLACE....my junk drawer of my dresser where I throw everything that you need to keep but that doesn't actually have a place to live. You know all the extra buttons off new clothes and your passport and homemade cards from your kids and the booties they wore at their christening....you know all THAT stuff. And what do I find?? THE RECEIPT!!

So now, I have a working computer and the receipt. I hurried and ran into UPS and faxed the receipt to HP. Now they can update my warranty and hopefully everything is right with the world... Oh, and guess what? My DVD/CD works again too. I loaded my camera software and the wireless printer...
Tomorrow I'm buying a lottery ticket...It's sure to be a winner....

and on to excitement #2..

My sister is buying a condo!! She found one she really likes and I am meeting her tomorrow to look at it. She is going to try and talk them into throwing in the stackable washer/dryer and fridge... I am so excited for her...she will finally get to have something other than white walls cause she can paint!! Well, I can paint and she can pick out the colors...with some nudging by me...she will want to be safe and go all pastelly and I think she needs some true color in that there house.....

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

:) Time will tell about that paint situation!!!

Thanks again for your help today, I could not have done it without your support.

Cross your fingers and toes for the offer and the Side-By-Side!!

Your Sis