Thursday, June 5, 2008

A long time ago.....

In the faraway land of redwork club, there was what we called the "boobie" prize. It was something ugly and was won by some unfortunate soul that had to take it home....
Three months ago Wanetha was the winner of a horrid red and white fabric baskets made up of stuffed hearts sewn together. It was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen and didn't take a photo of it for fear my camera would break....
Two months ago, she issued a challenge. She had taken the basket apart and handed us each one stuffed heart. She said "go forth and embellish". They were due today.

Here are the results. I will show you all the photos and then you can guess which one won the prize.....voted on by secret ballot....










So, did you guess? Did you guess the potholder with the butterfly? You are right! Know who made it? ME!! LOL How fun was that..... All the hearts were great and I got the best prize. Wanetha hand crocheted a needle case. Here it is....


Aren't I lucky?? I love it...and it's red, my favorite color...

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I would have guessed the lamp or that ugly spider thingie. Very cute goft you received though. What fun.

Sweet P said...

I would have guessed the Barbie doll or the Redwork piece. The gift is adorable! Congrats on winning.

~Bren~ said...

Were they voting for the ugliest embellishment of a heart??? I would have voted the lamp. Your potholder was CUTE!
I love the needle case!
I doubt we will hear back from you as you are "searching" the morning away!!! Sorry...everyone said it was too easy yesterday!

Carolyn said...

And yet you continue to wonder my mom and J ask you to make curtains from a dust ruffle????????????????

The answer is now clear and I'm telling........... LOL

Congrats on your win - Your Sis :)