Monday, June 9, 2008

What's for dinner....

Sweet P. asks "how do you tell your family what's for dinner". She posted about her cook book stand and recycled chalk board.
In this house, the Rock Star is the one who asks everyday after school. See, if he doesn't like what's for dinner, he will fill up on snacks and then won't be hungry at dinner. He doesn't realize I am on to him (and he wouldn't care!)
This is how I announce dinner....and what's for dinner tonight....

I bought the chalk board fabric about 6 years ago when we found out we were going to be grandparents. My good intention was to make a travel chalk board for Grace with pockets for chalk and eraser. I never did it. So last fall or so, I sat down and drew a pattern for this chalk board. It is fairly simple with pockets along the bottom edge for chalk and eraser. It hangs right inside the back door and now everyone knows what's for dinner. (sometimes even I have to look,lol)

So, what's for dinner at your house and how do you let your peeps know???

Happy Sewing,
Nancy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't even thought about dinner, especially as I haven't had breakfast yet. If it's just Kevin and I and he asks, my reply is always food. If he pushes the point, my reply is food that you eat and like, wait and see...

Sweet P said...

I like your chalkboard. I have some chalkboard fabric too that I have yet to use. I should make a chalkboard for my quilt studio to record my projects.

Your dinner sounds yummy!

tina said...

Dinner? You mean I need to make dinner????

ack.