Friday, June 20, 2008

Sweet P is at it again....

Sweet P has two blogs and over at Coffee Time at Home she is renovating her pantry. I left the comment that she wouldn't EVEN want to see my mess of a pantry and she challenged me to post it. Yesterday I gave the camera to the granddaughter and said "go take a picture of Grandma's pantry, please". Ok, first I had to explain what a pantry was and then show her where mine was. Her words "oh, the food closet".... HA HA...

um...only three people eat here and from the looks of this pantry we are set for a good while. What a mess. This is the first house we have lived in that has had a pantry and I love it. It's so nice to have all the packaged food in one place. Well, other than spices that closer to the prep area... I try to keep canned foods separate from boxed and cereal at the top and dog food and trash bags on the floor, but it looks like it needs a good cleaning and rearranging. Maybe next week.

Granddaughter got homesick last night and after talking to her mom on the phone, we have decided to meet halfway and let her go home. We got all of our projects done. Here are her pillowcase, finished quilt and sundress. The sundress has straps on it after running to Wal-mart early this morning for ribbon. We even found a "I miss you" present for her to give her brother. The binding was finished late last night and she was already in jammies by picture time.




Happy Sewing,
Nancy

5 comments:

Lilly said...

Hi Nancy
I have been doing a little blog-hopping this morning and came by to see you. What a precious grand-daughter! Looks like you had fun with her, at least until she got homesick. Been there, done that. Compared to mine, your pantry is beautifully organized! Do need to get it cleaned up, but I have too much blogging to do! Lol. Have a great day and will check back with you soon. Oh, yes, I am glad you are safe from the flood waters. My thoughts and prayers go to those not so fortunate.

~Bren~ said...

Your cupboards are not bare!!! I love the projects you did with your granddaughter and she did a GREAT job taking a picture of the "food closet".

Nanette Merrill said...

I have that fabric that your grandaughter's pillow case is made from. I've been wondering what to do with it. It would make darling pillow cases for my nieces. thanks Nancy! She's a doll, too.

Sweet P said...

Your pantry isn't that bad! I've finished painting mine and will take photos later. Now I just have to wait until after our vacation to it all put together.

Your grand daughter is gorgeous. She looks like she had a wonderful time at your house.

jillytacy said...

It looks like you had a great time together! It's so nice that you can have time with your granddaughter. I'm sure in the future, these activities will be part of her fond memories with grandma!